- Earlier versions of GyazMail may not work properly once your mail messages have been converted to use with version 1.2. Be sure to back up your mail messages if you want to return to an earlier version of the software.
- This version contains English, Japanese, Italian, French, and Russian localizations.
- Junk (Spam) Mail Filter Support.
GyazMail now works together with SpamSieve 2.1.4 to filter unsolicited junk mail out of your inbox (users of OS X 10.1.X should use SpamSieve 2.0.2; 2.1.4 requires 10.2 or later).
- User-definable labels for classifying messages.
- Zoom function for boosting/reducing font size of displayed messages (View menu).
- Automated deletion of duplicate messages (Folder menu).
- Previous recipients feature (auto-completion of recently used addresses, even if not in Address Book; Window menu, Compose preferences).
- Multiple names and email addresses can now be managed/selected within a single account (Account preferences).
- Added "Keep bouncing" option to Account preferences.
- Folder and message lists can now be displayed with "candystripe" (alternating color) backgrounds.
- Added image type option to Display preferences (under OS X 10.3, a bug exists where certain PDFs cause a crash).
- Added "Show candidates alphabetically" option to Compose preferences.
- Added option to "Use nicknames preferentially" in Compose preferences (OS X 10.2 or later required).
- Added new search conditions to rules, filters and message search.
- Added new actions to rules ("Run Applescript" action is required Max OS X 10.2 or later).
- Added "Manual (All)" and "Manual (Menu)" to rules dialog.
- Added "Stop applying rules to this message" to rules dialog.
- Added support for regular expressions to rules, filters and message searches (Oniguruma employed as regular expression library).
- Preferences dialog completely redesigned.
- Improved graphics in message list Type column.
- Added nickname field to "Add to Address Book" dialog.
- Delete function now works for messages in Trash or Remote (messages in Trash deleted; messages in Remote have delete mark added).
- Improved accuracy of mail address analyzation.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixed crash caused by certain type of HTML messages.
- Other minor bugs squashed.
- Fixed bug that prevented display of certain messages when threaded view was selected.
- Fixed bug that prevented certain characters (~, @, $, ^) from being assigned as keyboard shortcuts.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
- Fixed bug which could cause messages to be left in draft mailbox after send and cause a crash on quit.
- Fixed bug preventing application of rules when in 2-pane mode.
- Slightly modified handling of date display in message list.
- Corrected Japanese and French localizations.
- Fixed problem that caused a crash when attempting to display certain HTML messages.
- Fixed problem that prevented display of previously selected folder in open/save dialogs.
- Improved OS 10.3 compatibility.
- Added Russian localization (thanks to Ruslan Seyfetdinov!)
- Improved encoding/decoding of attached files.
- The number of unread messages in Outbox or Trash is now not displayed on Dock.
- Multiple messages can now be forwarded as attachment simultaneously.
- Fixed a message list sorting problem.
- Other minor bugs fixed.