- Fixed crash caused by attempting to display certain types of messages.
- Fixed possible crash when opening misc. preferences under 10.1.
- Fixed inability to edit signature if font set in Fonts & Colors is deleted from system.
- Improved German localization.
- Default email reader setting added to Misc. Preferences.
- Default shortcut keys under 10.3 have been changed based on standards in Mail, Safari and Text Edit.
Previous key assignments set in preferences take precedence, however.
- Other misc. improvements.
- Fixed possible crash/hang when message send/receive was cancelled in progress.
- Fixed possible loss of message when, while checking mail on a given account, the user sends a message from the same account and then quickly cancels the send.
- Fixed bug which could cause improper transmission of Japanese-language subjects containing an ideographic space (i.e. "zenkaku" space).
- Disabled inline display of PDF files due to crash problems related to display of certain PDF types under 10.3.
- Fixed improper permission settings on saved attached files.
- Fixed inability to assign shortcut keys to certain menu items.
- Fixed possible improper display order of first name/last name in Address Book.
- Numerous other Panther-related bugs squashed (related to dates, link underlines, cursor display, etc.).
- Fixed bug which caused program to hang when displaying certain HTML messages.
- Added "Unicode (UTF-7)," "Western (ASCII)," and "Western (ISO Latin 9)" encodings to the View -> Text Encodings menu.
- Added recognition support for dates formated like "1999.Jun.25 18:31:06 Japan."
- Improved handling of messages of Content-Type "text/plain; format=flowed" (creation of format=flowed messages will be included in a future release).
- Added horizontal scroll bar when displaying wide HTML messages.
- Other miscellaneous improvements.
- Fixed improper list display of messages with a carriage return in the subject.
- Corrected display of HTML messages using Central European (ISO-8859-2) encoding.
- Fixed portions of the English documentation.
- Changed default in Compose preferences to alert user when sending messages encoded in Unicode (UTF-8).
- Fixed bug which caused program to slow down and/or become unstable when left running for long periods of time.
- Fixed failure to properly update text in text-only toolbars for some tools.
- Fixed some German localizations.